Jeff Lipman is well regarded by lawyers and judges alike for his skilled advocacy as well as his academic and scholarly contributions to the Bar. Jeff has authored several manuals for the local Bar Association. In the area of family law, Jeff has authored both the Polk County Bar Association's Pro Se (Self Represented) Family Law Manual and the Volunteer Lawyer's Project Attorney Family Law Manual. Jeff has also published 5 times in law reviews in the areas of Insurance Law, Employment Law and Civil Rights Law. Jeff is currently in the process of completing a comprehensive manual on Structured Settlements--insurance products used to fund large settlements.
1. J. Lipman & B. Bedwell, The Aftershock of Harris v. Forklift Systems, Inc. in Title VII Discrimination and Hostile Environment Claims, 43 Drake L. Rev. 379 (1994).
2. J. Lipman & G. Noble, Agent-Broker Negligence Actions: Pitfalls for Insurance Providers and Ammunition for Consumers, 44 Drake L. Rev. 835 (1996).
3. J. Lipman, Eighth Amendment and Deliberate Indifference Standard for Prisoners: Eighth Circuit Outlook, 31 Creighton L. Rev. 435 (1998).
4. J. Lipman & H. Cain, Evolution of Hostile Environment Claims Since Harris v. Forklift Systems, Inc., 47 Drake L. Rev. (1999).
5. S. Rosenberg & J. Lipman, Developing A Consistent Standard for Evaluating a Retaliation Case Under Federal and State Civil Rights Statues and State Common Law Claims: An Iowa Model for the Nation, 53 Drake L. Rev. 359 (2005).
6. Contributing Author, with Doggett, Miller & Lee, Advances in the Biology and Management of Modern Bed Bugs, Wiley (2018)