Question: What hard copy of evidence is there to find fault with a truck driver?
Contact a Iowa semi accident lawyer representing clients in Red Oak, Iowa today to schedule your initial consultation.
Answer: Truck driver documentation is tightly regulated. The paperwork that truck drivers and their employer must maintain is very useful in determining if the driver of a truck was negligent. Materials most useful in determining the conduct of a truck operator include:
- Copy of driver's license
- Truck inspection reports
- Tractor-trailer maintenance records
- Truck driver personnel and employment records
- Truck driver log six months prior to the accident
- Truck driver log the day of the accident
- Dispatch tickets and routing instructions
- Toll and delivery receipts
- Weight bills and scale receipts
- Repair bills
- Gas receipts