Car Accidents FAQ's.

Question: What if the responsible driver or his or her insurance company offers me a check?

Contact a Iowa car accident lawyer representing clients in Sidney, Iowa today to schedule your initial consultation.

Answer:  If you accept a check from the responsible driver or his or her insurance company, you may be barred from getting any additional compensation from the driver or the insurer.  You shouldn't accept a check or sign a release until you have spoken with a lawyer.  Generally, your lawyer will advise you to wait until you have finished the treatment for your injury and have been released by you doctor, so that you know that you have enough compensation for all of your medical expenses.  An insurance representative may encourage you to settle your case for the lowest amount of compensation possible and not to speak with a lawyer.  You should consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer before accepting any payment, signing any release, or settling your claim so that you can make sure that you are receiving fair and full compensation.

If you would like to schedule your initial consultation contact an Iowa motorcycle injury attorney, representing clients in Sidney, Iowa at the Lipman Law Firm. Give us a call at (515) 276-3411 or email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..